Sunday, September 04, 2005

Thoughts....

I guess I have been not rambling too often lately. Actually I have, I just haven't had time to write them in my blog.

Hurrican Katrina has left me in a daze. I know, sounds so silly and lame, considering I'm safe and sound in my little hamlet of Califon, NJ......but still, I have been spending hours looking at photographs of the hurricane, its path, its destruction and the countless stories being sent around the world via photographs.

When I was a little girl, one of my most favorite things to do [besides reading] was looking at National Geographic because I just adore looking at pictures...pictures of real life,,,real weather, real animals, real people, real places [as opposed to the photographs generated on Madison Avenue].

So to my delight about a year ago I found a website called, Flickr, and have been spending my precious spare time looking at the world through many photographers eyes.

Here is a picture that I found to be so powerful from the Wrath of Katrina.

It is titled: Pass Christian House Before/After

Just amazing the force of wind and rain........and how truly vulernable life and property is to these forces of nature.

No comments: